Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bye Berlin!

I am really really behind on my posting..

But anyway! I left Berlin and was really sad to leave, so I had to get some last minute pictures to document Kottbusser Tor my home! I also went to the Jewish Museum by Daniel Libeskind, this Jewish architect. The spaces were really stark and emotional and cold.

love the Bender! 

love the graffiti! 

East Side Gallery, the last, longest remaining
piece of wall in Berlin

Yaam, the dance club next to East Side Gallery

Pergamon Museum! One of the largest collections of
looted antiquities

Haci Baba and Wonder Waffel, my favorite places

Intersection in Kotti! 

cool graffiti by my apartment. it's interesting
because the graffiti in Berlin doesn't
make you feel unsafe.

Berlin's Tempelhof airport! Used to be an airport for West
Berlin, but too small for modern day use. Converted
into a HUGE park!  

Modular!!! Biggest art/architecture
supply store I have ever seen. Three stories
high. so much shopping!!! 

Model of the Libeskind museum.
tall, gaping holes in the museum,
symbolic of the holes in their history that
the Holocaust created.

slits for light


awesome graffiti + bikers! 

oh so clever

No comments:

Post a Comment